13. Saving the ARMAX Model
You can use the LabVIEW System Identification Assistant to save models to a file.
Complete the following steps to save the ARMAX model.
- Click the Add Step button to open the Add Step menu.
- Select System Identification»Import-Export Model»Save System Identification Model to add a Save System Identification Model step to the Project View.
- In the Configuration View, verify that ARMAX Model is selected in the Model pull-down menu.
- Click the Browse button next to the File Path text box and navigate to the directory in which you want the System Identification Assistant to save the ARMAX model.
- Enter Sample ARMAX Model in the File name text box and click the OK button. The System Identification Assistant saves the ARMAX Model as Sample ARMAX Model.sim in this directory only when you run this project. A .sim file is a system identification model file that saves all model coefficients regardless of the model type.
- Run the project once by pressing the <Ctrl-Shift-R> keys or by clicking the down arrow next to the Run button, shown below, on the LabVIEW SignalExpress toolbar and selecting Run Once from the shortcut menu.
The steps in a project do not execute until you run the project.
- Verify that Sample ARMAX Model.sim now is in the directory that you specified. You now have a saved, accurate model of the DC motor. You can use the Load System Identification Model step to load this model to a project.
- Select File»Save Project to save the project.
|Previous: 12. Validating the New Model||Next: Extending System Identification Assistant Projects with LabVIEW|