Getting Started with the System Identification Assistant
June 2008, 371246B–01
This help file teaches you how to acquire and analyze signals and models with the LabVIEW System Identification Assistant. You can use the System Identification Assistant to identify the characteristics of a system through signal processing and mathematics.
This help file contains exercises to teach you how to load and analyze sample signals and estimate and compare sample system models using the System Identification Assistant. You can learn how to complete the following procedures:
- Launch the LabVIEW System Identification Assistant in the LabVIEW SignalExpress environment
- Load signals and rebuild missing data
- Split data to use for model estimation and validation
- Normalize data for ease of calculation
- Estimate parameters of a system model
- View model information in the SignalExpress environment
- Compute the pole-zero plot for a model
- Validate the accuracy of a model
- Compare system models through model validation
- Save models to a file
The exercises in this help file take a short amount of time to complete. However, each section of this help file builds upon previous sections so complete each exercise in order.Next: System Identification Assistant Related Documentation
© 2004–2008 National Instruments Corporation. All rights reserved.