The tree view helps you find and load content into the right pane, called the Reference list. The Reference list displays a list of references from which you can select and edit saved reference path information.
- Make sure all drawings that you plan to work with are closed and that their Windows Attribute properties are not set to Read-only. Reference Manager does not change saved reference paths in any open drawings or drawings that are read-only.
- Add drawings and folders of drawings to the tree view. (You can edit the paths of files referenced by the drawings on this list.)
- Select drawings or references from the tree view pane. The references are displayed in the Reference list pane.
- Select one or more referenced files from the Reference list.
- Modify the saved reference paths of the selected references.
- Click Apply to save the path changes in the drawing files. The updated drawing files are saved in the current AutoCAD file format, and their BAK files are updated.
- Review the Details report to confirm the changes. All changes to saved reference paths are appended to a log file that you can also review.
Reference Manager does not currently support all files referenced by drawings. Unsupported references include text fonts not associated with a text style, OLE links, hyperlinks, database file links, PMP files, and external references to URLs on the Web. If Reference Manager encounters an xref to a URL, it reports the reference as "not found."