- Places List
Provides quick access to predefined file locations. Click the Look In arrow to view the path for each icon. You can reorder the icons in the Places list by dragging them to a new location. To add a new icon to the Places list, drag a folder from the Files list to the Places list, or right-click an existing icon and click Add or Add Current Folder on the shortcut menu. This shortcut menu also provides options for removing and modifying icons, or restoring default icons that have been removed. Changes to the Places list affect all standard file selection dialog boxes.
- History. Displays shortcuts to the files most recently accessed from the dialog box. It is recommended that you periodically remove unwanted shortcuts from the History list. Select History, then select the unwanted shortcuts from the Files list and click Delete. To sort the shortcuts by date, click Views Details, and then click the Modified column in the Files list.
- Personal/My Documents. Displays the contents of the Personal or My Documents folder for the current user profile. The name of this location ("Personal" or "My Documents") depends on your operating system version.
- Favorites. Displays the contents of the Favorites folder for the current user profile. This folder consists of shortcuts to files or folders that you added to Favorites using the Tools Add to Favorites option in the dialog box.
- Desktop. Displays the contents of your desktop.
- Look In
- Up One Level
- Search the Web
- Create New Folder
- Find. Displays the Find dialog box, in which you can search for files using name, location, and date-modified filters.
- Locate. Not available in Reference Manager.
- Add Current Folder to Places. Adds an icon for the selected folder to the Places list, providing quick access to that folder from all standard file selection dialog boxes. To remove the icon, right-click the icon and click Remove.
- Add to Favorites. Creates a shortcut to the current Look In location, or to the selected file or folder. The shortcut is placed in the Favorites folder for the current user profile, which you can access by clicking Favorites in the Places list.
- Files List
- File Name
Displays the name of the file you select in the Files list. If you select multiple files, File Name displays each selected file within quotation marks. If you enter a file name in the File Name box, Reference Manager clears any selection. You must use quotation marks when entering multiple file names. Separate multiple file names with spaces or commas. You can use wild-card characters to filter files displayed in the Files list.
- Files of Type
Add Drawings Dialog Box
Autodesk Reference Manager
Menu: File Add Drawings