- ORAAPICONNECT — for connecting to the Oracle database.
- ORAAPIIMPORT — for reviewing, composing, or running queries
- ORAAPIDISCONNECT — for disconnecting.
- Condition Samples — A list of conditions read from SqlWhereClauses.txt on the local machine. Click a condition to view or change it.
- Connect — Click to connect to the Oracle database if not connected already.
- Features — When connected, a list of features in the current schema. Click a feature and then click Get Aliases to display a list of aliases and corresponding names for the feature's tables. See "Table Aliases" below.
To compose a condition for a given feature, you have to specify which table to use if the feature has more than one, and you have to refer to this table by its alias. If there is only one table, its alias is "Table0" and specifying it is optional. The following condition uses a table alias.
From RIVERS Table0
Where Table.DEPTH > 5;
- Select one or more features in the Features list box.
- Type a WHERE clause in the edit control below the Condition Samples list.
The WHERE clause is applied to each of the selected features as it is typed, without checking to see if it is valid. If the condition is not valid — for example, if it references a table that does not belong to the feature — the query fails when it executes.
- Click View Sql Statement to see the corresponding SQL statement.
- Click Save to save the query for future use.
- Click Import to run the query and import objects.
- Click Load.
This action loads a query from the table ADMPIMPORTSETTINGS in the current schema and displays its SQL statement in a separate dialog box. You can't execute the query, but you can view it, and you can copy parts of it to use in other queries.
- Click Import.