Saving and Loading Configuration Files
|Note The VI Analyzer functionality is available only if you install and activate the LabVIEW VI Analyzer Toolkit or if you install and activate an add-on that contains VI Analyzer tests.|
You can save the settings you configure for a VI Analyzer task into a configuration file (.cfg) that you can load into the VI Analyzer. The configuration file contains the path to the VIs you want to analyze, the tests you want to run, and the settings you select for specific tests.
You can distribute a configuration file to other users. You can password protect a configuration file that contains settings you do not want other users to see.
Creating a Configuration File
Complete the following steps to create a configuration file.
|Tip You can set the test criteria you want and save the configuration file without specifying VIs in the VI Analyzer - Select VIs dialog box. You can use this configuration file to run the same VI Analyzer task on different groups of VIs.|
- Create and configure a VI Analyzer task.
- From any dialog box in the VI Analyzer, click the Save button. A file dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the location where you want to save the configuration file.
- Enter the filename you want for the configuration file and click the OK button. The Password Protect Configuration File? dialog box appears.
- If you want to assign a password to the configuration file, click the Yes radio button.
- If you are password protecting the file, enter the password in the Enter New Password text box. Re-enter the password in the Enter New Password Again to Verify text box.
- Click the OK button.
Loading a Configuration File
Complete the following steps to load a configuration file into the VI Analyzer.
- Select Tools»VI Analyzer»Analyze VIs. The VI Analyzer - Select Task dialog box appears.
- Select the Load a previously saved analysis configuration file option and click the Next button. A file dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the configuration file you want to load and select it. You are prompted to enter the password if the configuration file is password-protected. The VI Analyzer - Select VIs dialog box appears with the settings you saved in the configuration file. The settings you saved also appear in the VI Analyzer - Select Tests and VI Analyzer - Exclude Tests from VIs dialog boxes.
Refer to the Loading VI Analyzer Configuration Files section of the LabVIEW VI Analyzer Toolkit User Guide for more information about saving and loading configuration files.