Documentation Tests (VI Analyzer Toolkit)
|Note The VI Analyzer tests are available only if you install and activate the LabVIEW VI Analyzer Toolkit. Refer to the National Instruments Web site for more information about the VI Analyzer Toolkit.|
Tests in the Documentation category of VI Analyzer tests check for documentation issues within VIs. The VI Analyzer groups the Documentation tests into the Developer and User subcategories.
The tests in the following list ensure that VIs contain documentation that benefits other developers.
- Comment Usage—Checks whether the block diagram contains a minimum user-specified number of comments. The test also can check whether all subdiagrams of multiframe structures, such as Case, Event, and sequence structures, contain at least one comment.
- Label Call Library Nodes—Checks Call Library Function Nodes on the block diagram for labels. You can improve the readability of a VI by using the label of a Call Library Function Node to describe the function you are calling in a shared library. The test fails if a Call Library Function Node has no label or the default label.
- Revision History—Checks for revision history comments. Clear the revision history when you complete a VI so users cannot see developer comments.
The tests in the following list ensure that VIs contain documentation that benefits users.
- Spell Check—Spell checks VIs, front panels, and block diagrams.
- VI Documentation—Checks for text in the VI description, control description, and/or tip strip fields on all controls.