You can install the Network License Manager before or after you use the Installation wizard. The order in which you install the network applications does not matter, as long as you install everything you need and you provide consistent license server information across the network applications.
If an earlier version of the Network License Manager is already installed on the computer, you should upgrade by installing the Autodesk Network License Manager into the same folder where the older version is located. If you choose a different installation folder, you will have two versions of the Network License Manager on the computer.
- In the AutoCAD 2009 Installation wizard, click Install Tools and Utilities.
- On the Select the Products to Install page, select the Network License Manager and click Next.
the Autodesk software license agreement for your country or region.
You must accept this agreement to proceed with the installation. Choose
your country or region, click I Accept, and then click Next.NoteIf you do not agree to the terms of the license and want to terminate the installation, click Cancel.
- On the Review - Configure - Install page, click Configure.
- Click the Network License Manager tab, if multiple products were selected in the previous step.
the Select the Installation Location page, either accept the default installation
path (C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License
Manager\) or click [...] to specify a different path.
If you enter a path that does not exist, a new folder is created
using the name and location you provide. Click Configuration Complete. WarningDo not install the Network License Manager on a remote drive. When you install the Network License Manager files, you must provide a path to a local drive. You must specify the drive letter; the universal naming convention (UNC) is not supported.
- Once returned to the Review - Configure - Install page, click Install to begin installing the Network License Manager and any other selected tools and utilities.
- When the Installation Complete page displays, click Finish.