In the redundant license server model, you use three servers to authenticate a single license file. One server acts as the master, while the other two provide backup if the master server fails. With this configuration, licenses continue to be monitored and issued as long as at least two servers are still functional. The license file on all three servers is the same.You must install the Network License Manager on each server.
- If one of the three servers fails, all licenses that are managed in the server pool are still available.
- If more than one server fails, no licenses are available.
- All three servers must reside on the same subnet and have reliable network communications. The redundant server pool doesn't provide network fault tolerance.
- If one of the three servers is replaced, the complete redundant server pool must be rebuilt.
- If your Autodesk product supports license borrowing and licenses are borrowed from a redundant license server pool, you must restart the license server after you stop the Network License Manager.