You configure a license server so that you can manage the Autodesk product licenses you received when you ran the Network License Activation utility. Configure the license server with the lmtools.exe utility.
You should be logged in with Administrator rights when working with the LMTOOLS utility.
one of the following:
- Click Start menu (Windows XP & 2000) All Programs (or Programs) Autodesk Network License Manager LMTOOLS.
- Right-click the LMTOOLS icon (Windows Vista) on the desktop and click Run As Administrator.
- In the Lmtools program, on the Service/License File tab, make sure the Configure Using Services option is active.
- Click the Config Services tab.
the Service Name list, do one of the following:
- If a service name is selected, verify that it is the one you want to use to manage licenses.
- If no service name exists, enter the service name you want to use to manage licenses.
By default, the service name is Flexlm Service 1. Your service name may be different.NoteIf you have more than one software vendor using FLEXlm® for license management, the Service Name list contains more than one option. Make sure that only one Autodesk service is listed.
- In the Path to Lmgrd.exe File field, enter the path to the Network License Manager daemon (lmgrd.exe), or click Browse to locate the file.
the Path to the License File box, enter the path to your license
file, or click Browse to locate the file.
This is the path to the license file obtained by the Network License Activation utility or the location where you placed the license file if you obtained it offline.
the Path to the Debug Log File box, enter a path to create a debug
log, or click Browse to locate an existing log file.
It is recommended that you save to the \Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager folder. The log file must have a .log file extension. For new log files, you must enter the .log extension manually.
- To run lmgrd.exe as a service, select Use Services.
- To automatically start lmgrd.exe when the system starts, select Start Server at Power Up.
- Click Save Service to save the new configuration under the service name you selected in step 4. Click Yes when prompted if you would like to save the settings to the service.
the Start/Stop/Reread tab and do one of the following:
- If a service has not yet been defined for Autodesk, click Start Server to start the license server.
- If a service for Autodesk is already defined and running, click ReRead License File to refresh the Network License Manager with any changes made to the license file or Options file.
- Close lmtools.exe.