Establishing a New Tapi Protocol Connection
The Connect dialog box opens automatically when you start WyseTerm. But, with new connections you should close the Connect dialog box and set the Terminal emulation mode first. If you change the terminal emulation mode after you make a connection, WyseTerm clears the information in the Telnet window. To set the terminal emulation mode before you connect, click Cancel in the Connect dialog box. This returns you to the WyseTerm window.
To establish a new Tapi protocol connection:
- On the Settings menu, select the terminal emulation mode.
- On the Connection menu, click Connect.
- In the WyseTerm display window, select the Tapi protocol.
- Fill in the required boxes on the Tapi tab.
- Fill in the required boxes on the General tab.
Remember to turn the Debug File off the next time you want to use this connection; otherwise, the file grows considerably.
If you plan on making regular connections to this host, create a shortcut to store your connection configurations.
Creating and Using Connection Shortcuts