In this tutorial, you learned how to
- Launch the DAQ Assistant by using the DAQ Assistant Express VI in LabVIEW
- Configure the task in the DAQ Assistant
- Test the task using test panels
- Edit the task
- Generate the code to run the task
The following documents contain information that you might find helpful as you use NI-DAQmx and LabVIEW:
- DAQ Assistant Help—This help file contains information about using the DAQ Assistant to interactively configure common measurement tasks, channels, or scales. In LabVIEW 7.x or later, LabWindows™/CVI™ 7.x or later, or Measurement Studio 7.x or later, you also can use the DAQ Assistant to generate NI-DAQmx code from the tasks and channels.
- DAQ Getting Started Guide—This guide describes how to install NI-DAQmx driver software and data acquisition (DAQ) devices and how to confirm that the device is operating properly.
- Getting Started with LabVIEW—This manual contains information you use to familiarize yourself with the LabVIEW graphical programming environment and the basic LabVIEW features you use to build data acquisition and instrument control applications. Select Start»All Programs»National Instruments»LabVIEW»Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf.
- LabVIEW Help—This help file contains information about LabVIEW palettes, menus, tools, VIs, and functions. This help file also includes step-by-step instructions for using LabVIEW features. In LabVIEW, select Help.
- Measurement & Automation Explorer Help for NI-DAQmx—This help file contains information on configuring and testing DAQ devices, SCXI devices, SCC devices, and RTSI cables using Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) for NI-DAQmx and information about special considerations for operating systems. In MAX, select Help»NI-DAQmx.
To learn more about tasks, channels, and other NI-DAQmx concepts, refer to the NI-DAQmx Help located at Start»All Programs»National Instruments»NI-DAQmx Help.
The LabVIEW Help also includes information about creating and using tasks in LabVIEW and reference information for the NI-DAQmx VIs.
You also can look at the examples that ship with NI-DAQmx. Use the NI Example Finder located at Help»Find Examples to search for examples related to NI-DAQmx.Previous: 6. Generate Code