Launching the DAQ Assistant
When you configure a task using the DAQ Assistant Express VI, the task is local to the application and is not saved to MAX for use in other applications. The DAQ Assistant Express VI contains the code you need to run the task, except any loops. You must convert the DAQ Assistant Express VI to an NI-DAQmx Task to save the task to MAX for use in other applications. You can also generate code from the DAQ Assistant Express VI. Right-click the DAQ Assistant Express VI on the block diagram in LabVIEW and select Generate NI-DAQmx Code.
To launch the DAQ Assistant from a task name control in LabVIEW, complete the following steps:
- Open a blank VI in LabVIEW.
- Place the DAQmx task name control from the DAQmx Name Controls palette on the front panel.
- Right-click the control and select New NI-DAQmx Task»MAX from the shortcut menu.
You can launch the DAQ Assistant from MAX in the following ways:
- Right-click Data Neighborhood and select Create New from the shortcut menu. In the Create New window, select NI-DAQmx Task.
- Right-click your device under Devices and Interfaces in MAX and select Create New.