You can recover a Design Master if the file has been lost, damaged, or moved. However, this option is unavailable if the currently opened replica is a partial replica or if the Design Master is moved with a tool other than Replication Manager. For information on moving a Design Master, click .
- Make sure that there is no Design Master in the replica set.
- Open the replica that you want to make the new Design Master.
- On the Tools menu, point to Replication, and then click Synchronize Now.
- Click a replica in the list, and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 as many times as necessary to synchronize with each remaining replica in the replica set.
Important Make sure that you synchronize with all other replicas in the replica set.
- On the Tools menu, point to Replication, and then click Recover Design Master.
- Click Yes.