Half of the work in fixing a bug can be done by properly reporting it. Just creating a bug report and saying "This does not work" is clearly not good enough. When fixing bugs, most of my time is usually wasted on finding details for these bug reports.
Please follow these guidelines when reporting problems:
- Please use Console's SF bug reporting page. Reporting bugs elsewhere (like the forum) is not a good idea, since they may get lost and forgotten.
- Write Console and Windows version you're using.
- Attach your configuration file.
- Attach screenshots if they illustrate your problem.
- If you can, describe in detail the symptoms and steps to reproduce them. If I can't reproduce the bug, it's usually very difficult to fix it.
- If Console output seems strange/garbled/broken, unhide the hidden console window (View->Console window). If its output looks the same, it's probably not a Console issue. Some console applications can behave strangely.
- Try to eliminate other utilities you run that could interfere with Console (hotkey managers, etc).