When you move a product license from one computer and plan to add it to another computer, you are exporting that license. A license is exported when the Portable License utility converts an active product license into a portable format (either transfer file or transfer code) that can be moved to the target computer.
- On the source computer, click Start menu (Windows) All Programs (or Programs) Autodesk [Autodesk product name] Portable License Utility.
- On the Licenses tab, select the license you want to export. Click Export License.
the Export To list, select a Target Computer.NoteThe target computer is the only place this exported license can go. You cannot select one target computer now and then transfer the license to a different computer. In the Export To list, select a target computer.
- Check your notes to verify that the identification code is correct for the target computer.
Under Export Type, select an export type.Note You must select Use Transfer File if this is the first time you are transferring this license to the target computer. The transfer file contains license information needed by the target computer.
- Click Transfer License.
- In the Export Succeeded dialog box, click OK.
- In the Portable License Utility window, click Close.