Recovering a Deleted or Damaged License File
If you accidentally delete or damage a license file, you can restore it. How you restore your license file depends on what kind of license file you need, as follows:
- To restore a license file installed with an application, perform the following steps:
- Browse to ni.com/downloads, select Drivers and Updates, and browse, by product, to the appropriate license file.
- Download the desired evaluation license file.
- Launch NI License Manager and install the license file that you downloaded. Refer to Installing a License File for more information about installing a license file.
Note If you have a damaged license file, NI License Manager asks whether you want to overwrite the existing file when you install a new license file. Click Yes.
- Activate the newly installed license. Refer to Activating a Product above for more information.
- To restore a license file given to you by a National Instruments Volume License Program administrator (either a disconnected or a home license file), contact your administrator for another copy.