- This guide provides instructions for planning and deploying LANSA applications on a Linux Server. It does not include instructions or guidance in designing or creating applications with LANSA.
- The contents are written for technical support staff and LANSA developers.
- We recommend the use of the Korn shell (ksh) or Bourne shell (sh). All examples of Linux commands in this guide use the Korn shell.
It is assumed:
- Readers have a solid understanding of both the Linux operating system and LANSA.
- The application to be ported to Linux already works with a Windows Server.
- An experienced System Administrator (root user) of the Linux system is available to carry out system administration tasks and advise the reader on Linux issues.
- An ORACLE Database Administrator (DBA) is available to create and configure databases, create user ids and advise the reader on ORACLE issues.