|Sappy 2006: What's New|
From 1.1 to 1.2
- Super-fast sample loading - ask for details if you dare!
- Anti-earbleeding system to disable unneeded but ear-piercing sounds like some in Final Fantasy 4.
- MIDI support like in the old Sappy.
- MIDI mapping editor.
- MIDI export, thanks to Drag for fixing it.
- Ability to choose which MIDIOUT device to use.
- Various bugfixes.
- Idiot-proof exporters. You'll be notified when you misread "file pattern" for "file name" or "path name".
- Non-braindead assembler. It no longer fails on pointers.
- Volume control slider. Responds to keyboard (if it has focus) and mouse wheel.
- WM_APPCOMMAND support. If you have dedicated media control buttons on your keyboard, Sappy will listen to them.
- Sound loading on byte arrays instead of character strings, as urged by Bouché.
- Feedback while loading a song to play.
- Rudimentary Sappy Classic-style MIDI support with equally rudimentary GameBoy Classic mode and instrument remap.
- Support for more MIDI controls.
- Tempo fix for exports.
- GameBoy Classic mode for the new driver.
- Full sound loading fix. As of 1.1, only PCM waves are properly loaded. Tone generators are still loaded in strings.