Importing NI-DAQmx Tasks, Channels, and Scales in a Project
Both MAX and LabVIEW Project support importing configurations. MAX imports system configuration information, including NI-DAQmx devices, tasks, channels, and scales. The configuration is imported in the machine-readable .nce format. You also can choose either of two plain text formats, .ini or .csv (tab-delimited), for import. Neither of these formats includes device information, only task, channel, and scale configurations. For more information on importing from MAX, refer to the Measurement and Automation Explorer Help for NI-DAQmx.
The following examples demonstrate possible uses for the import and export functions.
- In an environment with multiple systems running the same hardware configuration, it might be desirable to use the same global channels. If the channels are defined in a project, the configuration can be exported as an .ini or comma-delimited file, then imported into MAX.
- If a system is set up with a large number of NI-DAQmx tasks, channels, or scales, the configuration can be exported as a comma-delimited file and batch edited in a spreadsheet application, instead of editing each instance separately. The edited file can then be imported back into either MAX or LabVIEW.
- If the system configuration needs to be documented for reference or certification, a plain text format export can be used for report generation.
To import NI-DAQmx tasks, channels, and scales into a LabVIEW project, complete the following steps:
- Right-click My Computer.
- Select Import»Import NI-DAQmx Configuration.
- Browse to the directory that contains the configuration file. Select the file.
- Click Import.
If the selected configuration file contains tasks, channels, or scales with the same names as ones in your current project, a confirmation window opens. Click either Replace Entire Configuration or Cancel.
|Note LabVIEW Project imports only tasks, channels, and scales.|