Exporting NI-DAQmx Tasks, Channels, and Scales in a Project
Both MAX and LabVIEW Project support exporting configurations. MAX exports system configuration information, including NI-DAQmx devices, tasks, channels, and scales. The configuration is exported in the machine-readable .nce format. You also can choose either of two plain text formats, .ini or .csv (tab-delimited), for export. Neither of these formats includes device information, only task, channel, and scale configurations. For more information on exporting from MAX, refer to the Measurement and Automation Explorer Help for NI-DAQmx.
LabVIEW Project exports configuration information for only tasks, channels, and scales. When exporting from LabVIEW, you can save the configuration in either the .ini or .csv format.
|Note If a task, channel, or scale is exported from LabVIEW Project and imported in MAX, later changes to the configuration in LabVIEW are not reflected in the corresponding item in MAX. Similarly, changes in LabVIEW to an item exported from MAX and imported into a project are not reflected in MAX.|
The following examples demonstrate possible uses for the import and export functions.
- In an environment with multiple systems running the same hardware configuration, it might be desirable to use the same global channels. If the channels are defined in a project, the configuration can be exported as an .ini or tab-delimited file, then imported into MAX.
- If a system is set up with a large number of NI-DAQmx tasks, channels, or scales, the configuration can be exported as a tab-delimited file and batch edited in a spreadsheet application, instead of editing each instance separately. The edited file can then be imported back into either MAX or LabVIEW.
- If the system configuration needs to be documented for reference or certification, a plain text format export can be used for report generation.
To export NI-DAQmx tasks, channels, and scales from a LabVIEW project, complete the following steps:
- Right-click My Computer.
- Select Export»Export NI-DAQmx Configuration.
- Browse to the directory to contain the configuration file. Type a filename.
- Click Export.