Executing Remote Commands
- Run RSH to execute a command on a remote machine using your user name.
- Run REXEC to execute a command on a remote machine using a user name and a password other than your registered values.
To use RSH and REXEC:
- In the Remote Tools dialog box, click the RSH tab or the REXEC tab.
- In the Host Name box, type the name or IP address of the remote host to which you want to connect. You can select a previous host from the drop-down list.
- If you are running REXEC, type the user name of your server account and the password in the respective boxes.
- If you are running RSH, type the user name of your server account in the Remote User box and your local user name in the Local User box.
- In the Command box, type the command you want to execute, including any options and/or arguments. You can select a previous command from the drop-down list.
- Click Execute.
To stop a command in progress, click Stop.