Baby ASP Web Server 2.x
by Pablo Software Solutions
This program was build as an alternative for Microsoft's IIS. The main goal was to design a simple web server with support for ASP.
Setting up Baby ASP Web Server is very easy: copy the executable to a directory of your choice, set the directory of your webpages and it's ready to run!
Enter http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX to view your pages. (where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is your IP address).
If you want to know more about the supported ASP objects/methods/properties click here.
- Multi threaded.
- Real time server log.
- Configure directory for webpages (same for all connections).
- Configure default HTML page.
- Support for GET, POST, and HEAD methods (Forms processing).
- Sends directory listing if default HTML is not found in directory.
- Native ASP support (Request, Response, Server, QueryString and Form collections, Session, etc).
- Cookie support (including 'arrays' and enumeration!).
- SSI (Server Side Includes) support.
- Statistics: total connections, successful and failed requests and more.
More advanced features are available in Quick 'n Easy Web Server:
- Unlimited connections
- CGI support for running PHP, Perl, MySQL and much more!
- Integrated Statistics(also available as XML data)
- Advanced server settings which can be used to optimize performance.
- Support for SSL (Secure Socket Layer).
- ASP Cache Manager to improve performance of ASP pages.
- ASP Script Debugging
- Includes IScriptingContext interface for external ASP Components. For example DLLs generated with ASP2VB Converter.
- Configurable MIME types.
- IP Filter to block/allow only specific IP addresses.
- Virtual Directories.
- Multiple domains.
- Authentication (password protected directories)
- Unlimited user accounts.
- Custom error pages
- Build-in Certificate
Listen on port: Socket port on which new connections are accepted (default: 80)
If you've enable SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), you should use port 443 (https)
Web Pages: Folder where your webpages can be found.
Default page: This is the default page that will be displayed in the client's browser.
Automatically activate server at startup: starts the server when it is launched.
Enable session State: You can improve the performance of your Web server by disabling the ASP session state if you don't use it.
Session timeout: Specifies the timeout period assigned to the Session object in minutes. If the user does not refresh or request a page within the timeout period, the session ends.
Enable page output buffering: indicates whether to buffer page output. When page output is buffered,
the server does not send a response to the client until all of the server scripts on the current page have been processed.
More information about the command line options
Copyright Pablo Software Solutions