Setting Up Read Options for the Training Process
Use the Read Options tab to determine how OCR processes the image to detect characters.
Complete the following steps to configure the OCR reading process:
- Select a Read Strategy.
- Conservative—Configures OCR to use extensive criteria to determine if read characters match trained characters.
- Aggressive—Configures OCR to use few criteria to determine if read characters match trained characters.
- To configure OCR to consider character size during the read process, select Aspect Ratio Dependent and select an Aspect Ratio value to indicate the allowable difference, as a percentage, between the training and reading character size and height/width ratio. The minimum value is 100 percent, which indicates that the read character must be the exact same size as the trained character.
- Select the Read Resolution to determine the level of character detail you want OCR to use during the reading procedure.
- Select an Acceptance Level value to indicate how closely an object must match a trained character to be a recognized character. The range of values is 0 to 1000.
- Enter the Substitution Character you want OCR to use for objects that are not yet trained and recognized.