Reviewing Character Statistics
Use the Results tab to view statistics about the characters OCR segmented in the ROI.
The following list includes descriptions of each of the columns on the Results tab.
- Character—Lists the index of each of the characters in the current ROI.
- Class—Lists, by index, the character value for each of the characters you trained in the current ROI.
- Left and Top—List, by index, the x and y coordinates of the top left corner of each of the character bounding rectangles in the current ROI. The status bar in the image viewer displays the Left and Top coordinates of the character bounding rectangles as you move the mouse over the image.
- Width and Height—List the width and height of each of the characters you trained in the current ROI.
- Size—Lists, by index, the size of the character in pixels.
- Class. Score (classification score)—Lists, by index, a value that indicates the degree to which the assigned character class represents the object value better than other character classes in the character set. The range of values is 0 to 1000.
- Verif. Score (verification score)—Lists, by index, a value that indicates how closely a character matched the reference character from its assigned class. The range of values is 0 to 1000. A value of 1000 indicates a perfect match between an object and the reference character.
Note You can set a character as reference for each class. When you set a reference character, OCR returns a verification score that indicates how closely the character matched the reference character for its class. Use the verification score to perform optical character verification. OCR returns a value of 0 for the verification score if you do not set a reference for a class.