Using the MAX Report Wizard
Use the MAX Report Wizard to document your system or a remote system or to generate a system information report for technical support. You can include in the report all configuration information viewable in MAX and some information not viewable directly from the MAX configuration tree, such as global product settings, software information, and calibration information. The level of configuration detail included for each item depends on the item's driver software.
To generate a configuration report, launch the MAX Report Wizard (File»Create Report menu selection) and complete the following steps:
- Select the level of detail you want in your report, either Simple report or Custom report. A simple report consists of just the MAX tree item names and icons. In a custom report, you can select the items you want to document and receive a more detailed report for those items.
Note The amount of detail you see in the report depends on whether each installed product supports this feature. If a product does not support report generation, then the report generates only a basic list of devices, even if you select Custom.
- Select the system from which you want a report, either the local system or a remote system. You can select only one system at a time. You can also enter the IP address of a remote system. Click Next.
- Select which items you want to include in the report. Click Next.
- Specify the location of the generated files. The MAX Report Wizard remembers the last location entered. If this is the first time you have run the MAX Report Wizard, the location defaults to the My Documents\MAX (Windows XP/2000) or Documents\MAX (Windows Vista) directory.
Note Your filename must have either a .htm or .html file extension.
- Click Next to generate the report. Depending on the complexity of the selected system, the MAX Report Wizard may take a few minutes to complete.
- A final dialog displays information about what files were generated. Click View Report to launch your default browser and view the report immediately after closing the wizard. If you want to modify the report, you can edit the HTML or copy and paste it into another editor.
Tip To save the report in one file, open the report in Internet Explorer and select the File»Save As menu item. Select Web Archive, single file (*mht) in the Save as Type selection box and click Save. You can open the resulting file in Internet Explorer only.
System Information Reports
To generate a system information report for technical support, launch the MAX Report Wizard (File»Create Report) and select Technical Support.
The wizard creates a compressed file that contains the generated report as well as any other files you want to include.