|Previous Top Next|
First and foremost you need a PC to run the software. DMX for Gamers itself does not require much horsepower. Any PC capable of running Windows 7 or higher should be sufficient.
To actually drive lights with DMX for Gamers will require the following:
· DMX Adapter
· Tested and Works
· Enttec Open DMX USB
· DIY $10 DMX USB Adapter - https://stevenbreuls.com/2014/03/diy- usb-dmx-controller-for-under-10_2_ethernet_cable/
· ArtNet (DMX over IP)
· Works in Theory
· Any FTDI based DMX adapter
· Any DMX controllable lights with manuals
· DMX lights come in all styles and functionalities. I would recommend a simple 3 or 4 channel light to get started. You can find cheap LED DMX lights from $25 - $30 online.
· You will need manuals or DMX instructions for the lights in order to use them with DMX for Gamers
· DMX cords
· By the specs, DMX cables are 5 pins. However alot of hardware uses 3 pin cables.
· For short runs, standard 3 pin XLR audio cables will work
· For short runs you should not need to work about termination. If you don't know what termination is, don't worry about it...