Viewing the Status of a Print Queue
To return the status of a print queue:
- In the Accessories folder, double-click LPQ.
- In the spaces provided, type the following information:
- Host—the name or the IP address of the host whose printer queue you want to view.
- Printer—the network name of the printer whose queue you want to query. If the printer is already mapped to your machine, you can locate the name. On the Start menu, click Settings. Then click Printers. In that window, double-click the printer to display the name.
- Username—Type a user name in this field to view the print queue status for a specific user. This field is optional.
- Click OK. LPQ connects to the host you specified, and returns information on print jobs pending, spooling, and printing.
- To query another printer, click File and then click LPQ Host.