- Windows 5.x and 6.x platforms (32-bit and 64-bit). May work in Win2000 but not tested.
- Up to 256 virtual cable devices (some systems limit number of MME devices).
- 1..20 milliseconds per interrupt.
- 1..100 pin instances.
- Almost any of fixed point PCM audio formats (1000..1000000 samples per second, 8..32 bits per sample, 1..8 channels). Floating point formats are not supported.
- Almost no sound latency with maximal interrupt frequency.
- Unlimited number of clients connected to each port.
- Signal mixing (with saturation) between output port clients.
- PCM format conversion (sampling rate, bits per sample, number of channels).
- Volume control features (both attenuation and boost).
- Channel scattering/gathering mode.
- Watermark control technique to improve stream stability with unstable applications.
- Control Panel application to configure cables and watch their state.
- Audio Repeater application that transfers from any recording to any playback device.
There are some compatibility issues preventing VAC from working in particular cases.
- Supports no more than three cables.
- A female voice repeatedly reminds that it is a trial.
Trial version of VAC allow you to see all features of the full version. To prevent professional usage, it adds a voice reminder (-6 dB level) to an audio signal. Voice reminder is not applied during first several minutes after driver startup (Windows boot or driver restart without rebooting), then it is applied at a regular basis, each several seconds. If you need additional several reminder-free minutes to perform some testing, restart the driver and run your tests immediately.
Please note that voice reminder is just added to cable audio signals, not replaces them. If you are recording from a cable and hear nothing except voice reminder, it definitely means there is no useful signal in the cable because it is not supplied with a signal, and you should check audio application's settings. Vice versa, if you have installed trial version, recorded from a cable within several minutes and didn't hear the reminder, it definitely means that you have recorded from another device, not from a cable.