Selecting Updates to Install
NI Update Service displays updates available for any NI Update Service-supported software you have installed on your system.
The updates are arranged in four categories, as follows:
- Critical Updates include updates that resolve critical issues such as crashes, computational errors, math errors, or problems that could result in inaccurate data.
- Critical Updates-Service Required include updates that resolve critical issues such as computational errors, math errors, or problems that could result in inaccurate data. These updates require a software service plan before they can be installed.
- Noncritical Updates include NI-recommended updates that enhance the current functionality of a program, including periodic minor releases.
- Noncritical Updates-Service Required include NI-recommended updates that enhance the current functionality of a program, including periodic minor releases. You must purchase a software service plan before you can install them.
Obtaining More Information About an Update
Complete the following steps to obtain more information about an update:
- Click the plus sign () next to each update to expand the description.
- Click More information about this update to open the product's ni.com download and update page to obtain more detailed information about this update as well as any supporting documents such as a readme file.
Complete the following steps to download and install available updates:
- Select the updates you want to install.
- Click Install. NI Update Service then downloads and installs the selected updates. NI Update Service displays a page with progress bars and informs you of the updates being downloaded and installed.
Exporting a List of Updates
Click Export Update List to export a list of updates to a text file or a Portable Document Format (PDF) file. This feature may be useful if your NI software is licensed through NI Volume License Manager (NI VLM) or if you do not have administrator privileges on the computer. You can check for updates, save the list, and forward it to your NI VLM administrator or network administrator along with your request to have a specific update installed.
|Note: Click Cancel at any time to exit NI Update Service without downloading or installing any updates.|