Verifying the Quality of Characters
Complete the following steps to verify the quality of characters you have trained.
- Click the Edit Character Set File tab.
- Click on the most representative character, known as the reference character, for each class in the image window.
- Enable the Reference Character checkbox.
Note The OCR Training Interface displays a warning if you do not specify a reference character for all classes.
- Select the Train/Read tab.
- Select the Results tab.
- On the image, draw an ROI around the characters.
The Verif. Score (verification score) on the Results tab indicates how closely the character read matched the reference character you specified for that class. The range of values is 0 to 1000. A value of 1000 indicates a perfect match between an object and the reference character.