Modifying the Character Set File
Use the Edit Character Set File tab to review and/or modify the contents of a character set file.
Complete the following steps to review and/or modify a character set file:
- Select File»Open Character Set File, select the character set file you want to review and/or modify, and click Open.
- Select the Edit Character Set File tab.
The browser displays the trained characters.
- If you want to rename a character, select the character in the browser and click Rename. Type the new character value in New Class and click OK.
Tip If you rename a reference character, its reference designation is removed. Reset the character as a reference character after you rename it.
- If you want to delete a character from the character set file, select the character in the browser and click Delete or press the <Delete> key.
- If you want to set a character as a reference character to perform optical character verification (OCV), select the character or characters in the browser and enable the Reference Character checkbox. An overlay indicates that the character is now a reference character. A warning indicates if you have not selected a reference character in all classes.
Note When you set a reference character, OCR returns a verification score that indicates how closely the character matched the reference character for its class. Select the Train/Read tab, then select the Results tab to view the verification score.
- Select All Trained Characters to display the entire contents of the character set file in the browser. To display characters of only one class value, select Characters of Class and select the character you want to view.
Samples displays the number of instances of the selected character class in the character set file.
The Character Histogram graphically displays the number of instances of each character value in the character set.