Locking Labels and Captions
You can create custom user interfaces by moving front panel control or indicator labels and captions to different positions around the front panel object. You also can move terminal labels on the block diagram. After you move the label to the position you want, you can lock the label to the front panel or block diagram object. By locking the label to an object, you avoid losing the label position you select because when you move the label, the object also moves. Complete the following steps to lock a label or caption to a front panel or block diagram object.
- Move the front panel or block diagram object to the position you want.
- Right-click the label of the control, indicator, or terminal and select Lock Label from the shortcut menu.
You can unlock a label or caption by completing the previous steps to remove the Lock Label checkmark in the shortcut menu.
You also can configure labels or captions to lock to objects automatically when you add a new control, indicator, or terminal to the front panel or block diagram. Complete the following steps to configure labels or captions to lock to new objects automatically.
- Select Tools»Options to display the Options dialog box.
- Select Front Panel and/or Block Diagram from the Category list.
- Place a checkmark in the Labels locked by default checkbox.
- Click the OK button to apply the changes and close the Options dialog box.
- Add an object to the front panel or block diagram. The label is locked.
You also can use the Lock property to lock a label programmatically.