Configuring the IEEE 1394 Camera
When the camera is successfully connected, you can configure the camera in MAX to perform acquisitions.
Complete the following steps to configure the IEEE 1394 camera for a snap acquisition:
- Connect the camera to the IEEE 1394 port on the computer.
- In the MAX configuration tree, expand Devices and Interfaces to obtain a list of installed devices.
- Expand NI-IMAQ IEEE 1394 Devices to obtain a list of available cameras.
- Click the camera name to select the appropriate camera.
- Click Snap to acquire a single image.
Tip Click Grab to acquire images continuously while focusing the camera. Click Grab again to stop the acquisition.
- Use the Acquisition Parameters and Camera Attributes tabs to modify the camera video parameters.
- Click Snap after adjusting the parameters to view how these changes affect the image.
- Click Save to save the current configuration. These settings become the default settings for the camera.