Read a discussion
- On the Standard Buttons toolbar, click Discuss .
- If the discussion was created on another discussion server, select that server.
- On the Web Discussions toolbar, click Discussions, and then click Discussion Options.
- Click Add.
- In the Type the name of the discussion server your administrator has provided box, type the name of a discussion server.
- If your system administrator has set up security by using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) message protocol, select the Encrypted connection required (SSL) check box.
- In the You can type any name you want to use as a friendly name for the discussion server box, type a friendly name you want to use for the server; for example, My Server.
- Do one of the following to read general discussions or inline discussions:
- For general discussions, scroll through the discussion comments in the Discussion pane.
- For inline discussions, on the Web Discussions toolbar, click Previous or Next to move between discussions.
Note When using Web discussions with Windows SharePoint Services from Microsoft, you can discuss only files stored on the discussion server. You cannot discuss files stored on a different server.