To rebuild the registry
- Insert the Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 compact disc in your CD-ROM drive. If the compact disc does not autorun, double-click Autorun.exe in the root directory of the compact disc.
- Select SQL Server 2000 Components, select Install Database Server, and then click Next at the Welcome screen of the SQL Server Installation Wizard.
- In the Computer Name dialog box, click Next.
- In the Installation Selection dialog box, click Advanced options, and then in the Advanced Options dialog box, click Registry Rebuild. Click Next.
- A message appears informing you that Setup rebuilds the registry based on information you supply in the subsequent screens.
Caution The setup options you enter must be the same choices that you entered during the initial installation. If you do not know or are not sure of this information, do not use this registry rebuild process. Instead, you must uninstall and reinstall SQL Server to restore the registry.
- To prepare for the registry rebuild, enter the same information and options that you entered during the initial installation of SQL Server in the setup screens as they appear. When you have finished, the registry rebuild will occur.
Note Rebuilding the registry includes re-copying external components such as MDAC and MS DTC.