To change SQL Server services login account information (Windows NT)
- On the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Services.
- In the Services dialog box, double-click MSSQLSERVER in the Service list.
Note For named instances, the instance name is included. For example, to modify the user account for Instance1, you double-click MSSQL$Instance1.
- In the Service dialog box, under Log on as, select This account, and then enter the changed account information.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 above for SQL Server Agent. In the Services dialog box, double-click SQLSERVERAGENT (or SQLAgent$Instance1 for a named instance), and then enter the changed account information in the Service dialog box.
- Start SQL Server Enterprise Manager, and change the user account information there, as well, for both SQL Server and SQL Server Agent For more information see How to change SQL Server services login account information (Enterprise Manager).