To add a linked server login
- Expand a server group, and then expand a server.
- Expand Security, and then click Linked Servers.
- In the details pane, right-click the linked server to which the login will be added, and then click Properties.
- On the Security tab, click the local login to add.
- Optionally, select the Impersonate check box if the local login should connect to the linked server using its own user security credentials.
- Enter the remote user and remote password with which the local login should connect to the linked server when not using the user's security credentials (Impersonate not selected).