This document has not been fully updated to take into account changes made in the 2.0 version of the Apache HTTP Server. Some of the information may still be relevant, but please use it with care.
The following documents give you step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish common tasks with the Apache HTTP server. Many of these documents are located at external sites and are not the work of the Apache Software Foundation. Copyright to documents on external sites is owned by the authors or their assignees. Please consult the official Apache Server documentation to verify what you read on external sites.
- Security and Apache: An Essential Primer (LinuxPlanet)
- Using User Authentication (Apacheweek)
- DBM User Authentication (Apacheweek)
- An Introduction to Securing Apache (Linux.com)
- Securing Apache - Access Control (Linux.com)
- Apache Authentication Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 (ApacheToday)
- mod_access: Restricting Access by Host (ApacheToday)
- Dynamic Content with CGI (ApacheToday)
- The Idiot's Guide to Solving Perl CGI Problems (CPAN)
- Executing CGI Scripts as Other Users (LinuxPlanet)
- CGI Programming FAQ (Web Design Group)
- Introduction to Server Side Includes Part 1 - Part 2 (ApacheToday)
- Advanced SSI Techniques (ApacheToday)
- Setting up CGI and SSI with Apache (CNET Builder.com)
- Content Negotiation Explained (Apacheweek)
- Using Apache Imagemaps (Apacheweek)
- Keeping Your Images from Adorning Other Sites (ApacheToday)
- Language Negotiation Notes (Alan J. Flavell)
If you have a pointer to an accurate and well-written tutorial not included here, please let us know by submitting it to the Apache Bug Database.