4. Performing a Time Domain Analysis
Complete the following steps to analyze the time domain response of the model.
- From the LabVIEW SignalExpress menu bar, select Add Step»Control Design»Model Analysis»Time Domain Analysis to add a Time Domain Analysis step.
Notice that the Step Setup tab changes from displaying the configuration view of the Pole-Zero Analysis step to displaying the configuration view of the Time Domain Analysis step.
- On the Configuration tab of the Step Setup tab, verify that Step is the type of analysis in the Time Analysis pull-down menu.
- Click the Parametric Data tab to view the row of parametric data, which indicates system characteristics such as peak time and settling time.
- Click the Data View tab to view the Data View.
- In the Project View, right-click the Signal0 output and select Rename from the shortcut menu. Change the name of this output to Step Response.
Tip When you move the cursor over a renamed input or output in the Project View, a dialog bubble appears with both the new name and the original name of the input or output. You also can use this bubble to view the entire name of the input or output if the width of the Project View is too small to view the full name.
- Click the Step Response output of the Time Domain Analysis step and drag it from the Project View to the Data View to display the step response on the graph.
|Previous: 3. Performing a Pole-Zero Analysis||Next: 5. Performing a Frequency Domain Analysis|