Configuring the Camera
When the camera is successfully connected, you can configure the camera in MAX to perform acquisitions.
Complete the following steps to configure the camera for a snap acquisition:
- Connect the camera to the port on the computer.
- In the MAX configuration tree, expand Devices and Interfaces to obtain a list of installed devices.
- Expand NI-IMAQdx Devices to obtain a list of available cameras.
- Click the camera name to select the appropriate camera.
- Click Snap to acquire a single image.
Tip Click Grab to acquire images continuously while focusing the camera. Click Grab again to stop the acquisition.
- Use the Acquisition Parameters and Camera Attributes tabs to modify the camera video parameters.
- Click Snap after adjusting the parameters to view how these changes affect the image.
- Click Save to save the current configuration. These settings become the default settings for the camera.