Using the Utility with an Existing Image
Complete the following steps to open an existing image and find the correctsettings for an image:
- Launch the NI-IMAQ White Balancing Utility from Programs»National Instruments»Vision»Bayer White Balancing Utility.
- Click the Browse button .
- Select the image you want to open.
- Click OK to open the selected image.
- Set the appropriate Bit Depth value for the image.
Note Images that are eight bits are automatically detected and the Bit Depth is grayed out. Until the correct bit depth is set, images that are greater than eight bits may appear very light or very dark. An incorrectcauses incorrect gain settings.
- Select the Bayer Pattern tab and click the appropriate Bayer Encoding Pattern radio button for the image.
Note The Bayerpattern can appear in one of the following four variations, depending on the current left and top offsets of the acquisition window:GBGB
- Select the Gains tab.
- Set the desired white level. The default white level value is 220.
- Click the ROI button and select a white region of interest on the image.
- Click Auto Calculate Gains to calculate the
Note You also can use the individual Gain controls to manually adjust the white balance.
- Select the Parameters tab and record the displayed values to use in your application.
Use these calculated parameters with the imgBayerColorDecode and imgCalculateBayerColorLUT functions or IMAQ Create Bayer LUT and IMAQ Bayer Color Decode VIs.