What uses of photos, clip art, and font images are prohibited?
Although these examples do not represent an exhaustive list, you are not permitted to do any of the following with the photos, clip art, font images etc. (“Media Elements”) in the Software Product:
- You may not sell, license or distribute copies of the Media Elements on a stand-alone basis or as part of any collection, product or service where the primary value of the product or service are the Media Elements.
- You may not use or distribute any of the Media Elements that include representations of identifiable individuals, governments, logos, initials, emblems, trademarks, or entities for any commercial purposes or to express or imply any endorsement or association with any product, service, entity, or activity.
- You may not create obscene or scandalous works, as defined by federal law at the time the work is created, using the Media Elements.
- You must indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Microsoft from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorneys’ fees, that arise from or result from the use or distribution of Media Elements as modified by you.
- You must include a valid copyright notice on your products and services that include copies of the Media Elements.
- You may not permit third parties to distribute copies of the Media Elements except as part of your product or service.